La Paz Waterfall Garden &
Tour Price: $130/pp
This tour is a great option for those looking to see Costa Rica’s nature, wildlife, and rich Costa Rican coffee history.
La Paz Waterfall Gardens is one of the most visited ecological attractions in Costa Rica. It features some the best hiking near Heredia and it home to an animal sanctuary, with over 100 different species including hummingbirds, butterflies, snakes, toucans, macaws, and many more.
• 7:30am: We will meet at Tico Lingo and set off on our journey
• 8:30am: Coffee farm arrival. Here, we will spend a little over an hour learning the traditional process of growing, picking, and roasting Costa Rican coffee. There will be a tasting included!
• 10:00am: We’ll stop to view the majestic Catarata el Ángel (the Angel Waterfall)
•10:30am: We’ll arrive at the animal sanctuary and waterfall park. Here, we’ll spend our first few hours guided throughout 3.5 kilometers of rainforest walking trails and educational exhibits. The gardens are home to a butterfly observatory, aviary, orchid display, frog house, serpentarium, jungle cat exhibition, and hummingbird garden with 26 different species. Beyond the exhibits, there are also a series of trails that link the waterfalls of Rio La Paz. As we hike along the trails, we will stop at viewing platforms that will give us breathtaking views from beneath the spectacular falls. The final highlight of the tour will be reaching the famous La Paz Waterfall, Costa Rica’s most photographed waterfall.
• 1:30pm: Lunch! Yes lunch is included on this tour. There will be a buffet option that includes multiple selections of traditional Costa Rican dishes, a full salad bar, pizza, garlic bread, french fries, fresh fruits, rice pudding and unlimited fresh fruit juice, coffee and tea.
• 3:00pm: Park departure. Before leaving we’ll have some free time to explore the park on our own, take a few more photos, and visit the souvenir shop.
• 5:00pm: Return to Tico Lingo
What to Bring:
• Long pants, leggings or flexible pants
• Gym shoes/Hiking boots
• Hat and Sunglasses
• Water bottle