Terms and Conditions
Tico Lingo’s Terms and Conditions
Please read Tico Lingo’s Terms & Conditions below prior to submitting your online registration.
It is the responsibility of the student/volunteer/participant to carry all necessary travel documents when traveling internationally such as valid passports or travel visas. Some programs require different documentation, of which your Program Advisor will make you aware, but it is not the responsibility of Tico Lingo to ensure the traveler’s documents are in proper condition and order. That is the full responsiblity of the student/volunteer/participant.
• All deposits are fully refundable up to 4-weeks prior to the beginning of the program. A full refund of the 35% deposit will be granted to students. Students are encouraged to use their deposit on online classes of which are discounted (by 10%) to students whom have already paid their deposit and have decided to cancel their immersion program in Costa Rica.
• Cancellations with less than four weeks notice will not receive a refund of the deposit. You may change program dates up to 2 years at no charge or decide to use your deposit on online-classes.
• Unless there is a medical emergency, Tico lingo does not give refunds to students whom have begun their program at the school. In the case of emergency, students are asked to provide medical documents from a Costa Rican clinic, hospital, or physician. Requests for refunds are assessed by the Program Director on a case-by-case basis and may include: sickness or injury, death and sickness of immediate family member, or other serious matter forcing the student to leave their program.
In the unlikely event of an emergency, all students, volunteers, and participants are responsible for any accrued costs for treatment in Costa Rica. If an emergency occurs on the premises of Tico Lingo, Tico Lingo will assist with immediate transportation, phone calls, and emergency response, but all costs are of the responsibility of the student.
Most international travel insurance plans ask that costs be paid upfront, of which will be refunded upon return to students’ home country. Tico Lingo cannot assist financially with students’ medical, travel, or logistical expenses due to accident, emergency, or extraordinary circumstances that occur while in Costa Rica.
Personal Medical Conditions
Students are responsible for bringing any necessary medication with them to Costa Rica and must commit to taking said medication during their stay or involvement with Tico Lingo. If for whatever reason the student interrupts or ceases treatment, Tico Lingo is not responsible for resulting sickness or injury and may ask the student to leave the program if they disrupt a program or cause threat to other Tico Lingo students. A pertaining refund will be given on a case-by-case basis by the Program Director.
National And School Holidays
• January 1st, 2021 | New Year’s Day
• April 1st, 2021 | Holy Thursday
• April 2nd, 2021 | Holy Friday
• April 11, 2021 | Juan Santamaría Day
• May 1st, 2021 | Labor Day
• July 25th, 2021 | Guanacaste Day
• August 15th, 2021 | Mother’s Day
• September 15th, 2021 | Independence Day
• December 25th, 2021 | Christmas Day
Homestays are not affected by any national holidays.
Indemnification, Rules, and Safety
Notwithstanding this or any other agreement, Tico Lingo’s liability shall not in aggregate exceed the amount of the program fee paid by the participant.
The participant agrees to abide by all rules and regulations as stipulated by Tico Lingo, its employees, school, and housing partners. The participant agrees to abide by all local Costa Rican laws, as well as all rules stipulated by Tico Lingo and its employees and partners, with respect to alcohol consumption. Tico Lingo may provide basic information about local laws, but Tico Lingo is NOT a legal expert and it is the participant’s sole responsibility to ensure he/she is in compliance with the law.
Use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate dismissal from the program without refund.
Still have some questions?
today about the Teen Spanish Summer Camp.