Teen Spanish Immersion
3-Week Teen Spanish Summer Camp
Combining intensive Spanish classes, daily cultural activities, and weekend adventure tours, the Teen Spanish camp fully immerses students in Costa Rican culture and community.
The camp emphasises studying and acquiring Spanish through cultural immersion. Students will not only walk away with an increased level of Spanish, but also a new worldly and cultural perspective on life… and an adventure to share with everyone back home!
Duration: 3 weeks
Price: $3,600 p/p
|Month||Start Date||End Date|
|June Camp||June 6th, 2021||June 26th, 2021|
|July Camp||July 4th, 2021||July 24th, 2021|
- Small Group Spanish classes, 15 hours/week
- Homestay Accommodation – 2 meals/day, laundry, wifi
- Daily cultural activities; dance, yoga, art, cooking, soccer
- Daily lunch provided at the school
- Weekend adventure tours like white water rafting and zip-line tours
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Chaperones 24/7; 7:1 student-chaperone ratio
- Community service projects
- Oral exam to ensure proper Spanish leveling
- Program orientation and graduation ceremony
- Official certificates for Spanish and volunteering
- Souvenir Spanish Camp T-shirt
Start dates available; June 6th and July 4th
There is a set number of students.
Each 3-week camp will have a max of 15 participants. There is a max of 6 students per classroom. Students will have at least one other like-gendered student living with them in them in their homestay.
Chaperones are available 24/7 for contact.
Each camp will have a two dedicated program chaperones; one local to Costa Rica and another a native English-speaker. Chaperones provide support in many areas and are available to students and parents 24/7 in case of emergency.
Groups are welcome!
If coming with friends or family, please notify us and we can place students with the same family or within the same neighborhood.
- Contact a program advisor by filling out a Teen Spanish Camp Application.
- Your program advisor will confirm availability and provide you a secure link you can use to place your deposit. Payments are submitted via debit/credit card.
- To be accepted in the program each applicant must submit a personal motivation letter, a reference letter by a Spanish teacher, and a signed waiver form. Instructions for how to submit these documents will be provided by your program advisor.
Step 2: Pay Your Deposit – $300
Step 3: Submit Your Documents
Teen Camp Photos
Check out some of our favorite camp photos!
Teen Camp Videos
Check out some videos from the Teen Spanish Summer Camp
and get an idea of what life is like while you’re here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cultural activities are also included in the camp. With your classmates, you’ll be learning to dance Salsa and Merengue, cook empanadas and tortillas, and create traditional Costa Rican art.
Adventure tours are also included, so, among other tours, we’ll be hiking in the rainforest and rafting down a river!
Yes, sometimes you have to be a bit brave to address a problem directly with Tico Lingo staff, but that’s what will make you a successful international traveler in the future!
Still have some questions?
today about the Teen Spanish Summer Camp.